What is post cycle therapy?
PCT (Post Cycle Therapy) is recovery after a course of steroids. After completing the course, it is necessary to minimize the loss of muscle mass and restore the natural level of testosterone.
Post cycle therapy requires careful and competent conduct. Therefore, in order to avoid health problems, despite the abundance of information on the Internet, you should constantly contact an andrologist and other specialists. Only strict adherence to their recommendations will help maintain health, good mood and activity in everyday life.
Why is PCT needed?
- With a well-conducted PCT under the supervision of a specialist, you will get:
- Maximum maintenance of the result (strength and muscle mass) with a minimum rebound phenomenon;
- Restoring the natural (natural) level of hormones;
- Prevention of gynecomastia (aromatization of testosterone to estradiol);
- stimulating your own testosterone production;
- Eliminate (reduce) the development of other side effects associated with the use of anabolic steroids.
When is therapy required?
Post Cycle Therapy is administered 2-3 days after the last steroid injection. Tamoxifen is good for “going out” on heavy cycles, while Clomid is good for light cycles. The latter drug is better tolerated by most athletes.
The optimal daily dose of Clomid is 100 mg (1-2 days), 50 mg (3-14 days), 100 mg (15-22 days). Antiestrogen allows you to normalize your own testosterone production. Hormone analysis is recommended after PCT.